It is currently Sat 28 Jan 2023 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec 2022 8:58 am 

Looking for a translation, for a funeral.

It's a lengthy translation, looking for it to be in old spelling (sl)

Please message me if interested. Serious inquiries only.

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jan 2023 4:17 pm 

It may be too late now, but maybe you could post the text to translate?

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan 2023 5:58 am 

Here is the text I'm looking to have translated. Again, it *is* lengthy, but I *am* willing to pay commission.

The text I'm looking to have translated is:

1.) ... and lo, I pray to the old gods and the new, that I may bring forth victory, or grant me pass to the glory that is Mag Mell ...

I call You, Supreme War goddess. I call You, Battle Raven, I call You, Terror of men and Washer at the ford of fate, and I bow my head before You. Oh You Who stalk the battlefield, feast upon our fears as a hound upon the battle’s fallen. Drive us, ancient Warrior, Goddess of battles, of terror, and hope, and power, drive us into truth. Drive us into integrity. Drive us until we have no choice but to be as the Gods meant us to be, without apology. Hail to You, Morrigan. Hail, Mother of Battle. Hail to the victories You bring.

Camulus of the oak leaf and the ram, warder of the battlefield, master of war and all its arts, granter of strength and will to those who follow your calling, I salute you. In high lands and in low, from Britain’s northern bounds to the wilds of great Gaul, your might was well known, your name carved deep in stone by those who put their faith in you; many were the prayers said to you for courage and for victory, for refuge and salvation. Our fathers of a thousand years and more made offering to you, Oh Camulus; hear our call, Oh god of the one and the many.

To wide-ranging Lugus I offer my prayer. Oh god of many, ever are you with your people, warding the home or watching over the traveler; ever do you grant your gifts to the artist and the tradesman, the maker and the warrior. Noble Lugus, consort of shining Rosmerta, from the dark you arose, Oh wise one, Oh clever one; from your hands fall bright gold, the reward of the worthy, given to those whose craft and toil bring into being works both useful and fair. Well known you were in Gaul and in Galicia, Oh thrice-honored god; I honor you this day, Oh Lugus, Oh constant one.

I call to you, Oh Dagda, mighty one, kindly one, generous one, great god of many talents, father of children good-hearted and strong, master of treasures beyond telling, your cauldron ever full, your trees ever heavy with sweet fruit. Upon your oaken harp you play to bring the land to new-grown life or set it to a winter’s sleep; in hand you wield the hefty club with which you take or give back lives. Oh Dagda, god of many names, granter of many gifts, holder of knowledge and bearer of wisdom, worker of wonders, you shield us in safety, you bless us with bounty.

Grant me courage
Grant me strength
Grant me wisdom
Guide my axe
Guide my wrath
Guide me to glory in the name of the old gods and new ...

2.) "My mother told me
Some day I would buy
Galleys with good oars
Sail to distant shores
Stand up high on the prow
Noble barque I steer
Steady course to the haven
Hew many foe-men

Oars churn the waters
Under starlit skies
Honor to our fathers
We shall never die

Gather all ye (you) horsemen
Sword and shield ye (you) wield
March t'ward (toward) your victory
O'er (Over) blood red fields"

(These next items I'm looking to have translated aren't for the funeral, but I'm willing to add them to the same commission)

1.) ... it's only business ...

2.) No mercy for the wicked

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan 2023 11:32 pm 

... and lo, I pray to the old gods and the new, that I may bring forth victory, or grant me pass to the glory that is Mag Mell ...

Agus féach, tá mo ghuí á cur suas agam chun na ndéithe sean agus nua, go bhféadfainn bua ' thúirt amach, nú cintar liom go dtéinn anún go Ríocht na Glóire, 'sé sin Mag Mell....