It is currently Fri 27 May 2022 10:55 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2022 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon 11 Apr 2022 12:57 pm
Posts: 3
Hi there!

If I have a table named "One" in Irish will the card read "A hAon" / "a hAon" or other?

Note, there is no word "Table" or "Tabla" on the card - the table name card will just say "One" - or rather the Irish for "One". But the implication is that the card indicates "Table One"


Thank you in advance


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2022 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu 27 May 2021 3:22 am
Posts: 304
just "aon".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2022 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat 03 May 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 1569
BIBIBARDOTS22 wrote:
Hi there!

If I have a table named "One" in Irish will the card read "A hAon" / "a hAon" or other?

Note, there is no word "Table" or "Tabla" on the card - the table name card will just say "One" - or rather the Irish for "One". But the implication is that the card indicates "Table One"


Thank you in advance


If you talk about it:
Bord a hAon = Table Number One
or
An tAon = The One

But for a card, simply Aon is enough


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr 2022 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon 11 Apr 2022 12:57 pm
Posts: 3
THanks for your help - why is it not "a haon"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr 2022 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon 11 Apr 2022 12:57 pm
Posts: 3
Labhrás wrote:
BIBIBARDOTS22 wrote:
Hi there!

If I have a table named "One" in Irish will the card read "A hAon" / "a hAon" or other?

Note, there is no word "Table" or "Tabla" on the card - the table name card will just say "One" - or rather the Irish for "One". But the implication is that the card indicates "Table One"


Thank you in advance


If you talk about it:
Bord a hAon = Table Number One
or
An tAon = The One

But for a card, simply Aon is enough



Thank you for your help. Why is it not "a haon"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 16 Apr 2022 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2014 10:03 pm
Posts: 481
Location: SAM
BIBIBARDOTS22 wrote:
Thank you for your help. Why is it not "a haon"



"a haon" is used when counting or enumerating things. (tábla a haon, a haon, a dó, a trí, etc). If you're just learning the root word for 'one', it's simple 'aon'


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group