It is currently Tue 16 Apr 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Another Anamchara tattoo
PostPosted: Sat 10 Oct 2020 8:42 pm 

Hi

First, sorry for grammatical errors, English is not my first language, nor my second... And Irish is something I am still learning.
So, my name is Debora and I'm from Brazil.

Well, I read a handful of posts here on the forum and on the internet in general about the word Anamchara. A very controversial word when we mention the tattoo issue.

And like a lot of people online, I want to get a tattoo with that word and I'm fully aware of its religious meaning (which made me want to tattoo it in the first place, nothing related to the romantic meaning). However, after reading some topics here on the forum and some online searches, I don't know anymore if it applies exactly to my case.

Let me explain better, I had a very close friend, more than a sister, and she passed away last year. We had this strong and immense connection, many people - and even ourselves - could not explain it properly, only that it has always been so. Well, in her religion there are spiritual guides, who are 'people' (I say 'people' because they are not alive in the literal sense of the word) who are designed to help our spiritual evolution here on Earth.
And I like to believe that after her death, she became that person for me, my guide. That she is taking care of me and helping me in this process of evolution here.

So, my question is, could I use the word Anamchara - correctly - in this case? Or not, are there any better words?

Well, if anyone can help me with this question I will be immensely grateful.