It is currently Fri 19 Apr 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar 2021 9:41 pm 

Dia dhuit a chara - Buongiorno
Ecco per tua informazione -
www.gaelico.net/index.htm
Grammatica e dizionario del Gaelico d'Irlanda + CD Fonetica - ISBN 978-88-7392-057-8
Keltia Editrice - www.keltia.it

Is mise le meas
Franc

PostPosted: Wed 24 Mar 2021 7:07 pm 

Hello! Arrived here via a Facebook link to an online dictionary that apparently is not exhaustive in its content, & a comment there that led to a blog that said to reach out here for translation assistance. Whew!

I am just beginning my exploration of Gaelic, and hope to become functional enough to stumble through a sentence or two when all this Wuhan Flu hysteria dissipates & traveling to Ireland becomes possible again. ;)

PostPosted: Fri 09 Apr 2021 9:38 pm 

Glad to be here, looking to rekindle a little of the native tongue. Thanks to whoever set up the forum. :clap:

PostPosted: Tue 20 Apr 2021 12:25 am 

Fáilte romhaibh ("Welcome"), a Nemo agus a Paddy (a Pháidín)!

Be sure to check out the section in the main index of the forum with links to various learning resources.

PostPosted: Thu 22 Apr 2021 11:33 pm 

Dia dhaoibh! Nicole is ainm dom agu is Brasaíleach mé.

(Hello! My name is Nicole and I'm Brazilian.)

What I'm doing here? Let's see... My history with Ireland's culture began years ago when one of my English teachers talked (very well) about her time in the Emerald Isle. But it wasn't until last year that I, now a writer, decided to write a story with Ireland as one of the "central players". This led me to explore a lot more of the Irish history, culture and, of course, language! Being fascinated by languages, I soon fell in love with Irish and decided to learn it both for my story and for my personal development. I plan on living in Ireland in the future, so I thought that learning the Irish language could be beneficial for my move as well :reading:

I admit I must focus more on my studies - as of now, I'm also learning German and Italian -, and the reason why I joined this forum was to help me learn and, hopefully, help others as well!

Nice to meet you all!
:wave:

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jul 2021 6:37 pm 

Dia daoibh a chairde,

is mise peadar, táim ag foghlaim gaeilge, is deas liom bualadh libh,

slán
peadar

hi all, i'm peter, i'm learning irish, it's nice to meet ye all

ciao
peter

PostPosted: Sat 31 Jul 2021 2:16 pm 

Welcome to our new members, Nicole, and Peter.

:toast:

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug 2021 11:16 am 

Hello everyone :wave: I'm Gloria, an italian psychologist with an insane passion for movies and a weird love for collecting rabbit figurines :D I fell in love with Ireland in 2006, when I was 15yo and first visisted that marvellous Island. I don't know why but I immediately felt a very strong connections with everything is irish: the culture, the language, the amazing places, the people, the songs (I absolute adore irish music and traditional songs, who I sing aloud without any shame every time I have the occasion!) and I cherish the strange but comfortable feelings of have traveled back in time...to my eyes all is magic in that Country. I try to visist Ireland at least once a year since then and I also spent 6 months in 2013 as a workawayer (first 3 months in Galbally, near Tipperary, and the rest of time in Rathsallagh Country House, one hour from Dublin). I used that time to learn very few words and phrase in irish language (but it's hard and complicated :bash: ) and I tried to fit better in the Country, not as a tourist anymore but as someone who really want to live deeply the spirit of Ireland. In the future I really hope to learn better that language because it's beautiful and I think it's another way, for me, to create a bond with that place that I really consider my secondo home. I can't explain my love for Ireland and irish traditional, history and culture...I fell in love with everything and when I'm there I can see myself happy. I discover this forum purely at random because I've struggle a lot with depression and anxiety and a lot of family loss, so I was planning to do a tattoo to remind myself to be brave, to keep going, to go ahead...but I know this is the "introduce yourself" topic so I will post my request in the proper section as soon as I have some nice quotes ideas to ink on my skin :D I apologize for any mistakes in my message: it's so funny how well I can read a text or understand someone who speaks English to me while I'm still unable to express myself decently when I have to write or speak! Embarrassment gets me every time! Have a nice Sunday!

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug 2021 12:23 pm 

Welcome to the forum Gloria. :wave:

Tipperary and Dublin are not really the best places to learn Irish. Next time go to one of the Gaeltachtaí.

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug 2021 8:50 pm 

Dia daoibh. Is mise Nina. Is Francach mé. Foghlaimím Gaeilge mar tá buachaill Éireannach agam. Níl Gaeilge agam fóill.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next