It is currently Wed 07 Oct 2026 9:50 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue 30 Oct 2012 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
I'm struggling a bit with an idiomatic rendering of these line:

Mo ghrá thú le fonn
Cé táim bun os cionn
‘S ní dhearnas mo chumha do chómhairle

"Cumha" in that last line is what's giving me fits, but I figured I'd include the whole sentence, in case it helps.

GRMA

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 30 Oct 2012 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue 06 Sep 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 576
and I did not, alas (=my sorrow/regret), heed your counsel ???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 30 Oct 2012 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Scooby wrote:
and I did not, alas (=my sorrow/regret), heed your counsel ???


That makes sense.

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1177 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group