It is currently Sun 11 Oct 2026 10:54 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan 2013 2:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri 18 Nov 2011 2:27 pm
Posts: 622
Ach is féidir leo a rá "ní féidir linn" agus "ní dhéanfaimíd" agus "imigh leat." :razz:

_________________
Táim ag foghlaim fós. Fáilte roimh gach aon cheartúchán.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan 2013 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Redwolf wrote:
Och, a Shaoirse...ní féidir le héinne "no" a ra as Gaeilge!
:LOL:
Mick wrote:
Ach is féidir leo a rá "ní féidir linn" agus "ní dhéanfaimíd" agus "imigh leat." :razz:
:LOL:

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Sat 23 Feb 2013 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Mick wrote:
Wow, great summary Redwolf. The only thing I have to add is that I think Ciarán is as guilty as sin. Katie's father won't believe her because she cried wolf in the past, but for once the girl is telling the truth.


It's looking like you're right about Ciarán, Mick!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Sat 23 Feb 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 3002
Redwolf wrote:
Mick wrote:
Wow, great summary Redwolf. The only thing I have to add is that I think Ciarán is as guilty as sin. Katie's father won't believe her because she cried wolf in the past, but for once the girl is telling the truth.


It's looking like you're right about Ciarán, Mick!


Good thing he's not a local lad or he'd be attacked by little old ladies with handbags in Tí Tommí. :LOL:

I remember years ago when Bernie said that her father was abusing her. And some people were saying around here my god look what she is saying about Micó Sally.

(edited to clarify: Fionnuala Ní Fhlatharta, (who plays Bernie) is Micó's daughter. )

_________________
___________________________________________________________

It is recommended that you always wait for three to agree on a translation.
I speak Connemara Irish, and my input will often reflect that.
I will do an mp3 file on request for short translations.

___________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Sat 23 Feb 2013 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THURSDAY'S ROS NA RÚN YET, DON'T HIGHLIGHT THE TEXT BELOW! BACK OUT NOW! (IF YOU HAVE, HIGHLIGHT AWAY!)

I was a bit surprised to see the doctor give Róise the "morning-after" pill. I'd assumed, because of the whole abortion issue, that they'd be illegal in Ireland (Glad to learn that they're apparently not! With all the other terrible trauma surrounding rape, if there's a way to spare the woman fear of a pregnancy, it's a good thing).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Sat 23 Feb 2013 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 3002
Redwolf wrote:
SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THURSDAY'S ROS NA RÚN YET, DON'T HIGHLIGHT THE TEXT BELOW! BACK OUT NOW! (IF YOU HAVE, HIGHLIGHT AWAY!)

I was a bit surprised to see the doctor give Róise the "morning-after" pill. I'd assumed, because of the whole abortion issue, that they'd be illegal in Ireland (Glad to learn that they're apparently not! With all the other terrible trauma surrounding rape, if there's a way to spare the woman fear of a pregnancy, it's a good thing).


.. I think it is legal. Because morning after pills come under the contraceptive category rather than abortion inducing. All contraceptives were illegal up until the 1980s, then gradually relaxed. Thanks to the work of women activists like Nell McCafferty and Mary Robinson. They made the contraceptive train to Northern Ireland famous. ..

_________________
___________________________________________________________

It is recommended that you always wait for three to agree on a translation.
I speak Connemara Irish, and my input will often reflect that.
I will do an mp3 file on request for short translations.

___________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Sun 24 Feb 2013 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri 18 Nov 2011 2:27 pm
Posts: 622
As long as we're all posting in spoiler mode . . .

I'm no expert, but as far as I know, abortion is considered a possible side effect of the morning-after pill and the regular contraceptive pill, but the main purpose of these drugs is to prevent conception in the first place, so they don't violate the abortion laws.

_________________
Táim ag foghlaim fós. Fáilte roimh gach aon cheartúchán.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Sun 24 Feb 2013 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Just watched it; thanks for spoiler treatment everyone! Great acting from her. And I wasn't surprised by the ending....

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Wed 06 Mar 2013 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Saoirse wrote:
Just watched it; thanks for spoiler treatment everyone! Great acting from her. And I wasn't surprised by the ending....


From him as well. It's amazing how he can go from looking like a concerned, sensitive, slightly awkward teenager to looking like a sinister, violent, controlling bastard with the tiniest of facial expressions.

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ros na Rún
PostPosted: Tue 12 Mar 2013 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Ooooh! Ros na Rún anocht! Ooooh!

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 425 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group