It is currently Sun 11 Oct 2026 7:11 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Not my usual type of request, but I am looking for some original/genuine blessings/sayings appropriate for First Holy Communion. :aingeal: I know we can just make something up - and that may be where I end up - but I am wondering if there is something already there.

A local card printer has agreed to provide some cards as Gaeilge, but needs help with the Irish. Although I have access to some trustworthy sources for translations, we were thinking that using something more natural would be better. We are having difficulties locating anything.

Anyone out there want to spread their wisdom? :mrgreen:

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar 2013 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon 05 Sep 2011 1:45 am
Posts: 267
This may be suitable

Dia do do bheannachadh, a linbh.
Cuirim thú ar dhíon Muire is a Mic,
Ar dhíon Bhríde agus a brait,
Agus ar dhíon Dé.

I was unable to find anything specific for First Communion but this is from Saltair by Pádraig Ó Fiannachta. It was a prayer on putting a child to bed and translates as:

May the blessing of God come upon you, child
I put you under the protection of Mary and her Son,
under the protection of Brigid and her mantle,
and under the protection of God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar 2013 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
beagle wrote:
This may be suitable

Dia do do bheannachadh, a linbh.
Cuirim thú ar dhíon Muire is a Mic,
Ar dhíon Bhríde agus a brait,
Agus ar dhíon Dé.

I was unable to find anything specific for First Communion but this is from Saltair by Pádraig Ó Fiannachta. It was a prayer on putting a child to bed and translates as:

May the blessing of God come upon you, child
I put you under the protection of Mary and her Son,
under the protection of Brigid and her mantle,
and under the protection of God.
:GRMA: Grma, a chara. I'll pass it on. Aon rud eile ag éinne eile?

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 25 Mar 2013 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Aon smaointe eile ag éinne? :?:

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 559 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group