It is currently Fri 18 Oct 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jan 2024 10:36 pm 

Hi, I'm Brendan, founder of this forum. I provide the server and lately I mostly keep things running in the background.

As some of you may know, I went through a major flood event in February 2022 and lost my books, CDs and other resources. I have been steadily rebuilding my life and restructuring my career around teaching Irish. However, money is tight and I find myself having to ask for assistance to keep the server running.

If you would like to make a donation, please follow this link to my paypal account:

paypal.me/Gaeilge

There is also a GoFundMe at:

https://gofund.me/d7dcb113

Lessons:

For larger donations I am offering private Zoom lessons in Irish (Gaeilge) as follows:

Eleven (11) 45-minute lessons for US$200 (~US$18.18/lesson)

Twenty-four (24) 45-minute lessons for US$400 (~US$16.67/lesson)

Fifty (50) 45-minute lessons for US$800 (US$16/lesson)

One hundred and four (104) 45-minute lessons for US$1,600 (~US$15.38/lesson)

For direct lesson enquiries, feel free to contact me via social media at Breandán An Píobaire.

For those who don't know me that well, I speak the Cois Fhairrge dialect of Connacht Irish but can also speak and teach Ulster Irish and am working on learning more Munster Irish.

Brendan Weightman
aka Breandán an Píobaire

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).

PostPosted: Fri 08 Mar 2024 4:18 pm 

Is there a particular funding-goal?

Keeping this forum going is essential!

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar 2024 3:54 pm 

GoFundMe link in your post is broken, is it one of these two?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-breandan-get-on-track

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-breandn ... hing-irish

PostPosted: Sat 30 Mar 2024 7:14 am 

Ferdia wrote:

Either of those two will help. There's a AU$413 bill due by 22 April.

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jun 2024 11:27 am 

Breandán wrote:
Ferdia wrote:

I just registered on your forum, but I really like the amount of useful information related to learning the Irish language.
Is donation still relevant?

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jul 2024 4:09 pm 

dionis wrote:
Breandán wrote:
Ferdia wrote:

I just registered on your forum, but I really like the amount of useful information related to learning the Irish language.

Thanks to those who have donated so far, I have managed to pay the annual fee for another year but it has left me short and the costs are ongoing. Any contribution members can make will be greatly appreciated and help to keep this forum running. Go raibh míle maith agaibh.

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul 2024 1:52 pm 

Hi Breandán,

I'm not an active user, I was once, but I dip in and out of my language learning journey - but I really hope this forum can continue.

Donation given (and password reset!)
F

PostPosted: Sun 11 Aug 2024 2:20 pm 

dionis wrote:
Breandán wrote:
I just registered on your forum, https://sharpedgeshop.com/ but I really like the amount of useful information related to learning the Irish language. https://eldfall-chronicles.com/
I guess so

PostPosted: Tue 15 Oct 2024 9:30 am 

Online tuition for Class 10 offers personalized guidance to help students excel in their board exams. With expert tutors and interactive lessons, students can master challenging subjects like Math, Science, and English. The flexible online format allows learning at their own pace, focusing on areas that need improvement. Regular assessments, practice tests, and real-time feedback ensure thorough preparation for exams. This tailored approach not only boosts confidence but also strengthens academic performance, laying a solid foundation for future academic success.