It is currently Sat 21 Jul 2018 2:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri 15 Dec 2017 6:35 pm 

Redwolf wrote:
I would happily pay for the entire series of Ros na Rún on DVD.

At the right price, I'd binge-watch the lot. But I think the market of people who'd pay to watch Ros na Rún is very small. As you said yourself, people are remarkably unwilling to part with cash when it comes to language learning.

But if all the episodes were just put online somewhere, more people would binge-watch the lot, and more people would become weekly RnR viewers, and anyone could make per-episode lessons or quizzes, the subtitles could be made searchable so that learners could find example uses of words and watch the video to see it used in context...

There's so much that could be done if TG4 would give this material to learners instead of deleting it every month. And the same for many other programmes made by TG4. RnR has the advantage of being voluminous, but many of the shorter drama and documentary series are more interesting/entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Dec 2017 9:35 pm 

My initial thought (and now it is long over, but it comes to me again) is that perhaps they do not keep them around so that no one can complain to them about errors in Irish in previous programming. How tedious to receive scandalised letters about episode one of season one of a long discontinued show where someone failed to use a correct séimhiú....

I bet 100 euro this has nothing to do with it, but i figure why not mention the idea that came to me