It is currently Tue 16 Apr 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri 17 Feb 2017 9:25 am 

Hello everyone,

While my name is not Irish it does have Celtic origin, so I decided that this itself was an open gate for me to the Irish world...

I found this forum by chance while browsing on the internet for Irish translators. I am aware that the purpose of this topic might be slightly unusual when looking at the rest of the forum's content, but who does not try, does not get.

As stated above I am actually looking for competent and qualified Irish speaking people interested in doing freelance translation for what seems to be the largest Irish translation project in history. That is from English to Irish and is starting off with 5.5 million words (more coming once that first batch is done ;) ) and expected to go on for about 6-7 months.

It deals mainly with humanitarian and self-improvement materials and includes books, lectures, courses, promotional material, humanitarian campaign items and more.

Already 20 translators are on the job but another 30 is needed. It is quite a number and I ended up on this forum as an alternate way of seeking for help since I exhausted the usual lists of accredited translators and other lists from Ireland.

I read some of the topics and posts here and I can see there are many dedicated people who love their language and want to keep it pure and in use, which is another reason for this project.

If you want more information and are interested to be part of this project please contact me.

Cheers, :good:
Corentin