It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Competitions and Quizzes
PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug 2014 4:41 pm 

These are the quizzes scattered around the forum brought together here for easy access.

Moderators will be able to add links to them. If there are any that I missed PM me and I will add them.

Ar mhaith libh babhta "Fiche Ceist" a imirt?

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=59

I'm thinking of a familiar "something" in my house. First question, anyone?

Rules for Beginners League
* If you don't know the Irish word for something, feel free to mix and match languages. For example: An bhfuil sé 'alive'. The rest of us will help you with any words you don't know.
* If you're "it", choose a very simple object for us to guess.
* If you're "it", please respond with a list of all the answers you've given so far".

Another Silly Wombat game

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1377

In this game, whoever is "it" has to describe, as Gaeilge, the plot of a film, book, or play, and everyone else has to guess the work being described.

Opposites game for learners

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2080

All levels of learner are welcome to play this game, particularly those who are trying to expand their vocabulary of fairly common words.

The idea is to write the opposite of the word in the clue. The person who solves one clue provides the next one or can ask for help if necessary.

Mar shampla, For example: Níl sé te, tá sé _ _ _ _ . Freagra: fuar. (It is not hot, it is cold)

Athchóirigh na litreacha

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1255

Athchóirigh na litreacha chun focal a fháil. Rearrange the letters to find the word.
When you have it, jumble the letters of another word and give a clue for someone else to solve.

Rearrange the letters - easier version

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1306

The idea of the game is to solve the anagram with the help of a clue thus helping to learn some basic vocabulary in Irish. When you know the answer, simply write it and then either a) set up a new clue and anagram for someone else to solve or b) if you would prefer not to set up a new one, someone else will be happy to help out by setting up a new one.

Fíor nó bréagach? / Game: True or false?

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3028

Scríobhann duine éigin rud éigin leis an gceist: 'fíor nó beagach?'
Someone writes something accompanied by the question: 'true or false?'

Nuair a fhreagraíonn duine eile, caithfidh said a rá go bhfuil an rud fíor nó cén fáth nach bhfuil sé fíor.
When someone else answers, they must say if it is true or why it isn't true.

Ceannlínte Nuachta / News Headlines - snippets for practice

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3024

Post snippets from newspapers and translate to Irish

And also -
Cluichí Cartaí

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=48

Vocabulary for playing cards made by CaoimhínSF

An interesting offsite quiz about pronouns

http://www.irishpage.com/quiz/preppron.htm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]