It is currently Thu 03 Dec 2020 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2016 9:48 pm 

bjlynch86 wrote:
Hello everyone!

My name is Benn and I am an American who is lucky enough to have Irish heritage on both sides of my family. It has been a couple of generations, but I find myself drawn specifically to that chunk of my heritage and am interested in exploring it more. I recently started learning Irish through Duolingo and am (slowly) making progress. I found this forum through http://www.bitesize.irish/blog/so-you-want-an-irish-gaelic-tattoo/ as I was considering adding some Irish to my next tattoo.

Welcome to the forum! You'll find good general advice at that link about tattoos. You can also post requests for help on this forum. Some people don't like to help with tattoos, but others will respond. Just be sure to post your request in a separate thread in the main forum below.

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul 2016 10:33 pm 

Hi everyone! I'm Liz, AKA Ripley! I've always thought the Irish language was a beautiful one, and I'm trying to learn so I can write the story I've been working on about the legends of Celtic lore. I've got a theme song written down that I adapted to Irish but I worry about the TERRIBLE grammar, so I came here lookin' for help! It's nice to meet everyone! :D

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2016 4:46 pm 

Dia daoibh! Is mise Denis agus as Beal Feirste me. Ta me i mo chonai i Birmingham. I am a Modern Languages teacher hoping to make some progress with my Irish! It would be lovely to make a few friends along the way too.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2016 10:34 pm 

Dia dhaoibh. Is as Maigh Eo mé. Níl ach Gaeilge scoile agam, ach tá mé ag iarraidh mo chuid Gaeilge a chleachtadh, agus is léir ón ábhar atá ar an bhfóram seo, gur shibhse Údaráis na Gaeilge ar an idirlíon. Má rinne bé botún, inis dom le bhur dtoil.

Hi, I'm from Mayo. My Irish could best be described as school Irish, and in dire need of practice. I think it's fair to say that ye are the online authorities for Irish online, judging from the content of this forum. If I've made a mistake, could ye let me know please.

Is mise le meas,
An Lacha a d'éalaigh

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2016 10:54 pm 

Hello everyone!
My name is Liz and I'm finishing up treatment for breast cancer and getting ready to go back to nursing school. I enjoy all things Irish, yet know absolutely zilch about the language. My hope is to get help with a tattoo translation while learning something about this beautiful language. Nice to meet all of you and thank you in advance for your patience.

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep 2016 8:30 pm 

Lucht Ite na Lachan wrote:
Má rinne mé botún, insígí dom le bhur dtoil.
Ní dhearna, go bhfeice mise. ;-) Fáilte romhat!
Efletcher wrote:
I enjoy all things Irish, yet know absolutely zilch about the language. My hope is to get help with a tattoo translation while learning something about this beautiful language.
Fáilte romhat! I'd say any effort you make to learn Irish is worth its weight in silver

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep 2016 4:25 pm 

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I visited Ireland in 2015 and we decided we needed to return. I decided to learn a few words and phrases to possibly use on the second trip. I have realized I want to learn more Irish. I started studying about 6 months ago and work on it (on my own) when I can. The second trip was three weeks in June/July and I am more motivated than ever.

PostPosted: Sat 24 Sep 2016 8:59 pm 

Hello,

I am new here on the site. I am not learning Irish, though it is a beautiful language and I would love to someday! Right now, I just do not have the time to do so. My reason for joining was to have a place to get a translation for some artwork I am completing for my daughter, who is Irish. My biggest problem seemed to be that Irish languages had so many translations that I was receiving multiple answers for the same question!

Thanks so much for the opportunity!

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2016 1:30 am 

Hey, hope everyone is keeping well.

I'm Matthew..I'm only starting out on my Irish learning 'adventure'!

Can anyone recommend any books or websites for learning Irish as there are a tonne out there? I'd preferably like a book that offers phonetics to make the pronunciation easier.

Thanks guys, maybe some day I'll be fit to come back and edit my comment with some Irish!

Cheers :wave:

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct 2016 9:07 pm 

Oops! I need to get the hang of this quickly!
As I (accidentally) posted earlier on a new topic,
Hi! My name is Emma and I'm 16 years old. I came to this site hoping to find people willing to translate a LOT of stuff. I'm afraid I'll be asking for things from poetry to songs to mythology, so does anyone know of any good places for me to find pronunciations?
By the way, has anyone heard the song "Tír na nÓg" by Celtic Woman? I looked it up and apparently it's about the Land of the Young.
Lots of love,
Emma

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 68  Next