It is currently Sun 19 May 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
PostPosted: Wed 13 Dec 2023 9:27 pm 

Thanks all! Great to be amongst ye!

PostPosted: Fri 29 Dec 2023 12:06 pm 

Nina.Z wrote:
Dia daoibh. Is mise Nina. Is Francach mé. Foghlaimím Gaeilge mar tá buachaill Éireannach agam. Níl Gaeilge agam fóill.

Dia dhuit, Nina! Tá sé iontach go bhfuil tú ag foghlaim Gaeilge le haghaidh do bhuachaill Éireannach.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan 2024 6:09 pm 

Hi, I'm Harry. I'm a little confused about which site to use, but since I was getting tons of pop ups on the IGTF site, I figured I'd try this one. I just recently joined a class to learn Irish, I remembered I once visited IGTF and thought I'd join a forum to help me practice and learn more. So, here I am-hi! :)

PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb 2024 6:22 pm 

today i had my first lecture Kevin

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb 2024 8:05 am 

Hello to all.

Name is Ryan. Family is Shannon (although there remains an argument that it was Shannahan originally). Either way, proud of whichever it is. (It’s Shannon- out of Clary my research)

Obviously not very familiar with Irish/Gaelic/Celtic, so I have been looking for somewhere to just somewhat observe and learn slowly from actual people and not a book. I can't lie though, what prompted me this time to look again was trying to find a correct translation for a tattoo.

From what I have read- overall everyone seems pretty chill and mellow, so I appreciate joining. Hope to learn from everyone.

Go raibh maith agat

Ryan-

PostPosted: Wed 14 Feb 2024 11:45 am 

Dia duit!

Is Thijs ainm dom, is as An Ísiltír mé. Foghlaîm Gaeilge ó Duolingo.

I am sorry to have to admit my command of Irish is not at the level where I can easily continue, in English: I have many times stumbled upon this forum trying to find information on Irish grammar - lenition and eclipse, possevive pronouns, verb inflections, and thought it'ld be nice to say "Haigh!" and express my gratitude to all you great people who contributed to this Fóram Mór that developed into the fantastic resource for Irish language and its' community it now apparantly is.

Looking forward to meeting others here and practice my newly learned/learning language skill. Slán go foil!

PostPosted: Fri 05 Apr 2024 7:19 am 

Hi, my name is Ingrid Guerci and I don't speak any gaelic, but I am very interested in Irish history and the language. Sorry I haven't introduced myself in Irish! I am hoping at the moment to get some help transalting some english words into gaelic,

I will start a topic on that, but in the meantime hello to everyone on the forum and it's nice to be here.

PostPosted: Thu 25 Apr 2024 7:29 am 

I'm Neil Wade, New to the forum,
I'm here to learn everything Irish.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73